Re: Installing Miata Seats

To: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>,
Subject: Re: Installing Miata Seats
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 20:37:44 -0800
I bent the tabs down and cut off the spikes with a dremel tool.  I drilled
new holes for the bent-down tabs and used giant diameter bolts with thick
heavy washers - definitely mounted better than the stock seats were.  My
head doesn't hit the top but I'm under 6', and it definitely is taller than
my stock seats, maybe an 1" or 1.5".  The bottoms of the seat cushions do
rub the carpet a bit, but I can still move the seats forwards and back.

By the way, how much did you pay for the Miata seats?