RE: OK, it's a joke...but

To: <TCR2B@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: OK, it's a joke...but
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:26:20 +1030
Well, at least your game enough to ask the question!
NOS stands for New Old Stock - in other words (in the true meaning of
the acronym), the part(s) are still in genuine wrapping complete with
Part # and have never been opened or at least fitted to a vehicle.
Usually, though not in every case, the item is NLA from OEM. (Don't
you just love acronyms!!!)
(No Longer Available from Original Equipment Manufacturer)
I remain amazed as to the quantities of NOS items on Ebay, some of
which I have purchased for my '65 re-build.
There are some other acronyms used on Ebay which elude me as well.
NR is used often, is that No Return or what?
It is the biggest trap of all when communicating with people that you
assume have the same knowledge as yourself, and that is to spray
acronyms around.
Most people are too embarrased to say Whoa! what does CRAP stand
for???
(Correctly Received And Processed)
Or FIGJAM (F(*% I'm Good Just Ask Me)
ICGO (I Could Go On) but I won't.
I wish Craig and Elain well, I don't like to hear about anyone having
that sort of health problem.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291195515
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
1972 PL510 2 door - in storage.
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290575481
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291183313
Adelaide, South Australia.