oil pump

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pump
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:28:37 -0800
thx for the info everyone who responded to my first question about the oil
pump on my 67 1600. I pulled the cotter pin and removed a spring, a metal cap
looking outfit, and two washers. the washers were mounted above the spring. I
looked at a picture of the break down of the oil pump today and noticed only
one washer in the picture (it was not the best picture however). is this
correct or is it possible a PO installed another washer to increase spring
tension? if so what are the problem, if any, this will cause.

thx,

mike