Sunol, CA "Run What Ya Brung" Fun Run Postponed until 3//22

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Michael Carion <calspeed@aol.com>
Subject: Sunol, CA "Run What Ya Brung" Fun Run Postponed until 3//22
From: PETER VANDERPAS <giraffehauler@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:39:11 -0800 (PST)
Hey,  The weather looks bad for tomorrow.  I'm NOt
showing.  Anyone interested in doing the same run next
Saturday?  Meet Saturday 10:00 AM at Sunol Valley Golf
Club, lower lot.  Look for a bunch of guys with cars
and no golf clubs.

Here are the details:
Meet 10:00 AM in the lower parking lot at the Sunol
Valley Golf Club located just off of Hwy 680 near the
Sunol Grade. Take Andrade Rd Exit from either
direction. Golf Club web site
http://www.sunolvalley.com.

>From here we take Calaveras Rd. toward Milpitas.  This
is the same as this drive from Pashnit.com:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/CalaverasRd.htm

On Yahoo Maps:
Start: Calaveras Rd At 680 Sunol, CA 94586
End: Calaveras Rd At Felter Rd Milpitas, CA 95035

Instead of turning right as Pashnit suggests, we
turn left and take Felter Rd toward San Jose. This
next section of map gets you to the summit of some
hills with great city views.

On Yahoo Maps:
Start: Calaveras Rd At Felter Rd Milpitas, CA 95035
End: Felter Rd At Sierra Rd San Jose, CA 95132

>From there we descend into East Side San Jose, and
picnic in Penitencia Creek County Park.

On Yahoo Maps:
Start: Felter Rd At Sierra Rd San Jose, CA 95132
End: Penitencia Creek Rd San Jose, CA 95132

I figure we should get to the park by 11:30 or 12:00
noon. From here, locals could head back home and still
have most of the day left. Folks heading back toward
Modesto, Fresno, or Sacramento could take Mt. Hamilton
Rd. to the summit, then take Del Puerto Canyon Rd to
Hwy. 5 where it branches off to the right from San
Antonio Valley Rd as you drive down from the summit.
This is the same as this drive from Pashnit.com:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/LickObservatory.htm

Let me know if you are interested. This will be a
fantastic drive if the weather is okay.

Peter van der Pas
1968 2000 Giraffehauler

=====