Re: tranny questions

To: "Weisner" <weisner@seidata.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tranny questions
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:00:18 -0500
Hi Kurt,

The heavily ribbed tranny is a later tranny, however, the one I ripped apart
had servo syncros. The case is sronger and it probably has a spined 5th gear
(at least mine did).

You'll have to open the box up to see what's up. I would just to check the
synchros and make sure everything is good before you reinstall it. Unless
you know how many miles is on the box, either one, it would be wise to
replace the synchros or at least reverse them if it's a servo box. The 5
speeds used 4 speed synchros on the 1st 4 gears.

Mike