Re: 1600 Solex pic wanted

To: SLBESQ@aol.com, vlaury@earthlink.net, Sidney.Raper@getronics.com,
Subject: Re: 1600 Solex pic wanted
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:21:53 EST
In a message dated 3/20/03 7:58:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, SLBESQ@aol.com
writes:

> http://images.fotki.com/v3/photos/4/42214/120643/OverCarburated-or.jpg

i just noticed the name of victor's picture of my (over) carbs.  they're
44PHHs.
the problems that victor noticed (backfiring through the carbs with a lift of
the throttle) was less then than it had been when i first installed the
carbs, without the velocity stacks.  the velocity stacks reduced the problem,
and seemed to increase power.  the installation of the ITG air filter reduced
it further, but did not eliminate it.  only after I installed gary's eDizzy
did the problem go away and stay away.  (i had the MSD 6A before the carbs,
so i cannot comment on its effect with these carbs, though they made living
with the SUs much easier).
67.5MIZU