local assistance with valve adjustment

To: giraffehauler@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: local assistance with valve adjustment
From: Mtbdavid2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:50:06 EST
Hi Peter and rest of list,
   I missed the local run today because my roadster started making a ticking
noise this week and I don't want to drive it until I figure out what it is.
I don't think it's the chain hitting the L bracket.  I let the car warm up,
shut it off and pulled the valve cover.  The chain was tight and didn't move
enough to touch the L bracket.  I am hoping it just needs a valve adjustment.
 I am fairly new to the roadster world and could use some local assistance
with adjusting the valves.  Do you know anyone that met up today that lives
close to Fremont and might be willing to lend a hand?  I would really
appreciate it.  If anyone on the list can describe in detail how to adjust
the valves I might be able to do it myself.
Thanks,
David