Fuel pump installed, a lesson learned

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pump installed, a lesson learned
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:59:04 -0800
I finished installing my electric fuel pump with Ford inertia switch and it
works!  That may not sound like much but it's a pretty big endeavor for me
to replace a component with something different.  I'm halfway decent at
replace with the same. :)

A lesson learned though...  when you cut into a metal fuel line, it WILL
leak out ALL the gas in your tank!  Fortunately no fire and after swapping
buckets, empty milk gallons, and 24oz pepsi bottles, I managed to contain
nearly all the gas and turn it in to my local hazardous waste
location.  Auto parts stores and gas stations do not dispose contaminated gas.

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181
'66 Datsun PL411 sedan PL411-022447