Tire repair: Plug or patch

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire repair: Plug or patch
From: thomas walter <roundrocktom@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:22:04 -0800 (PST)
Did a little research on this a few years ago...

Basically as a kid working in a "Service Station" back
in the 1970's we were always told to ONLY patch from
the inside of the tire for radial belted tires. Bias
could use a plug. Things change...

For the 21st Century:

PLUGS seal the cords, and you can follow up with an
interior patch.  Pat wins the beer on this one. :)

http://www.plugatire.com/FAQ.htm

For my OFF ROAD Land Cruiser... I carry plugs. That
thing is not going to reach 70 mph... speed rating is
not an issue.  Also handy for that "temporary repair"
until I get the tire properly fixed.

Tom