1500 carb and manifold ID questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 carb and manifold ID questions
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:53:54 EST
O.K. all you 1500 experts. I've now got two manifold and carb sets reported
to be from 1500s. Life was simpler when I had only one because they are not
the same. The big differance in the manifold is that one has three freeze
plugs (welsh plugs, casting plugs) on the bottom, just like the 1600 and 2000
manifold and the other has only the two larger ones under each carb and none
in the center. Also for the choke cable one has the cable holder on the rear
carb with the cable routed diagonaly to the lever attached to the front carb.
On the other the choke cable attachment pulls up and toward the head in line
with the carbs but is still attached to the front carb. They are both two
carb manifolds. Any clues? I can send pictures if necessary.

                         thx,
                        keith williams