Ignition mystery...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition mystery...
From: "Ken Pearce" <ken__pearce@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:30:44 -0600
My pre-smog distributor on my 68-2000 is not getting spark to plug wires #1
or #2.  The car is running on 3 & 4 only.

I replaced the plug wires with new set, no joy.

I replaced the points and condenser and gapped the points, no joy.

I replaced the cap rotor, no joy.

What am I overlooking?  How could 3&4 be getting spark no problem and 1&2
are not?  (Firing order is correct...)

Should there be electrical continuity between the ignition coil wire and the
plugwire for each respective cylinder as the rotor passes by?  I tried
confirming this with an ohm meter and didn't have much success.  The plug
wires along ohmed out at about 80ohms I believe.

Any ideas appreciated!

Ken Pearce 68-2000
B'ham WA