SU needle adjustment question...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SU needle adjustment question...
From: "Ken Pearce" <ken__pearce@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:35:59 -0500
Two questions:

1.)I've been told, and I believe it's in the various reference manuals that
lifting the piston of the carb with your finger effectively disables that
carb.  Doesn't this take the needle completely out of the jet and leave it
wide open?  Or is it too open and therefore not have enough air pressure to
suck fuel in?

2.)When I turn my mixture adjustment all the way lean on this carb, the car
will still run on that carb alone.  In an effort to further lean it out, I'm
adjusting the needle so that it sticks out further from the piston, about
1/16".  Will this help me lean it out further or am I barking up he wrong
tree?

Thanks,

Ken Pearce 68-2000
Bellingham, WA