Tips on Installing New Rubber for 67.5 Windshield

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Tips on Installing New Rubber for 67.5 Windshield
From: Scott Elequin <Scott.Elequin@oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:51:56 -0500
Folks,

I have successfully removed the windshield for my 67.5 Roadster, and am
in the process of installing new rubber both around the glass, and under
the chome frame which mounts to the body.   I was able to remove the
glass from the frame, although I was only able to get our the four
screws at the top of the the frame, since the bottom four were safely
rusted in place.

Questions:

   * Any tips for getting my intact old glass in the new rubber?  I
     think that I can get the rubber in place, but am worried that it
     might be both sticky and tight due to the new rubber.
   * Any tips for drilling out the bottom four screws so that the job
     listed above is not so daunting?

Any tips or words of encouragement would be much appreciated.

Thanks!  Scott

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Scott.Elequin.vcf]