installing solex air cleaner on late model roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: installing solex air cleaner on late model roadster
From: Mtbdavid2@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 23:18:25 EDT
I just went to install a solex air cleaner housing on my 1968 roadster but it
did not fit.  The outer edge of the air cleaner housing back plate, which
mounts to the carbs, hits against a ledge near the fire wall.  This ledge runs
horizontally underneath the brake and clutch master cylinders.  Has anyone on
this list installed a solex air cleaner on a late model, high  windshield
roadster?  Do I need to cut some of this ledge near the fire wall off with a
hack
saw in order to make the solex filter fit?  Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David