oil cooler and thermostat rec please.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: oil cooler and thermostat rec please.
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:28:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
  I want to install a remote oil cooler with a thermostatic sandwich plate on
my U-20 before Shasta this year.  I got some advice before and I want to
reconfirm something's before I go buy stuff.
Someone told me that the thermostatic sandwich plate adaptor thingies for the
oil filter were a bad idea because they would have to much back pressure and
pop the pressure relief valve in the oil filter base.
Has anyone actually used one of these things?  If so which one?
Here's a link to an oil cooler I am considering.
http://www.catalogs.google.com/catalogs?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&issue=6814&catpage=61

I think I want to use the 3" by 13" cooler and put it down low up front were
the vents in the front fascia are.
Here's the sandwich plate things.
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/mocal.htm
Again which model would I need?
Chris Coker if you have a spare adaptor then I would love to get one from you
and run the oil filter remotely with the inline thermostatic valve.
So actually suggestions on oil coolers and where to put them would be greatly
appreciated.
  Thanks guys,
        Daniel 69 2000
        Oakland CA