Re: 1966 Water Pump Pulley

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1966 Water Pump Pulley
From: "SlowBoy" <SlowBoy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:31:18 -0700
First, thanks for the help.

Second, Sidney, I didn't have a disk for my digital camera, that's why no
picture.

Third, I figured out my problem.  It had nothing to do with the pulley I was
trying to identify.  It seems there are three sizes of the large stud on the
R 16-block  (my blocks at least) for the water pump.

I just got unlucky enough to be using the 1968 R16 for a stroker and the
large stud sticks out 2 11/16", too long for the early pulley and too short
for the 1970 setup.

The stud on the 67 block sticks out 1 9/16" and the 70 sticks out 3 5/16".

It took four hours to get the stud out; I thought it was going to snap.  Now
I can use either the early 66 water pump setup or the late 1970 setup. Going
with the early as I am moving the alternator back to the passenger side.

Thanks!