Re: Soft top window cleaner

To: <JOver4X4@aol.com>, <orangedawg@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Soft top window cleaner
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:43:12 -0400
I cleaned a fairly nasty top for my MGB today. I tried Novus as I had some
laying around and it did squat to clean up the plastic. I guess it's fine
for a window in decent shape but doesn't do much for a nasty one.

I tried my trusty plastic cleaner which I have used on front and rear
taillights with great success - Mothers Aluminum Polish. It worked great and
while it didn't make it brand new it did remove most of the scratches except
the really deep ones. After doing the inside and outside I used some cleaner
wax to finish the job off. It is now very transparent and clean.

I used circular motions and an old terry cloth towel to put it on and an old
t-shirt to remove it. I used an old sheet on top of corrugated cardboard to
keep the opposite side from scratching. It's much easier, faster  and better
to remove the top from the car and lay it on the floor.

Mike