Re: Shasta and ugly cars going?

To: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Shasta and ugly cars going?
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:44:15 -0700
> I am considering making my first trip to Shasta this year (assuming my
> car makes it).  I was curious if any other ugly cars are going.

I'm sorry, Allen, but it's tradition that I have the ugly car at Shasta.
(at least, since Scott took up auto-xing at the Lodge). You can
show up, but you have to understand that I have seniority when it
comes to ugly. That's my role - to provide the low-water mark! :-)

There will be a few that tend to avoid you, but they're in the minority.
Most people will accept you and your car and make you feel at home.
The Shasta meet is all about.... well, the Shasta meet! Cool cars,
cool people, cool city. Sometimes hot weather... And it's California,
so top up at the border - our gas prices are gonna surprise you...

The cars do get prettier every year, and it's true that there aren't a lot
of beaters these days but remember - your two (or three or four) tone
ride got you there, so be proud of it. There a lot of these cars sitting
in the garage, yours isn't one of them!

In your spare time, cruise up to the ski lodge and check out some
serious 510 (and all other makes) action that's part of the All Datsun
meet (a separate, parallel event. Don't ask...).

So come to Shasta! Meet up with a caravan, that's a lifeline if something
breaks, and come on down! You can always park next to me, in the
back row :-) For your last minute detailing needs, you can borrow my
sandpaper if I can borrow your rattle-can primer :-)

-- John