Putting it all together

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Putting it all together
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:28:59 -0700
Hello All,

Happy 4th of July to the Americans on the list. I hope the roadsters of
America get out and enjoy the holiday with their owners.

That being said, I am finally seeing the end of the road of the restoration
of SRL311-00489. Almost four years after I first saw him sitting in a pile
of garbage, he will re-emerge as a fully restored sport work of art (as
opposed to just a car)

I want to publicly thank our vendors as I have purchased parts from all of
them during this time. Thanks go to my SoCalROC buds Paul Bauman, Jon
Frampton, Victor Laury, Roman Rist, Fergus O'Farrell, Tom Prather and my
fellow list members for all of their support and advice throughout this
adventure.

Hiro is now getting his final mock up of windshield frame, vent frame, door
hardware, bumpers, and other items to ensure everything fits and then he can
get his final paint and then see the body drop onto the frame. After
completing the initial build out, the tops will be fitted and by mid August
he should be ready for road trials.

Chance notwithstanding, he is scheduled for pickup on September 1st. I then
am going to drive him home where he will live a pampered life.

Fortunately for me, I have not been bitten by the "must own lots of
roadsters" bug, and as such I will soon be offering my 64 1500 for sale.
It's a great car and I will miss it, but Hiro will be more than enough for
me. I am going to be offering the car at a very attractive price and I will
only sell it to a list member or direct referral. So stay tuned after Shasta
and I will post pics and info.

So this journey is almost done. It's been a long a haul, but one that has
shown me that you can do anything you want as long as you work at it.

I look forward to joining you on the road in September,

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex SRL311-00489