Re: U20 Timing Noise

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: U20 Timing Noise
From: JOver4X4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:00:12 -0400
List,

Since we are on the subject of chain noises I have a related question.  I have
my head at the machine shop at the moment.  I was very surprised to walk in and
find my cam towers removed from the head.  The head is being straightened to
make the tower side flat.  The lower side will then be milled to clean up the
out of flat condition.  I think this can be accomplished with a cut of <.010".
How hard is it to get the towers aligned after they have been removed?  Is
there a trick to getting them installed without binding of the cam?  The
machinist says that if the head is flat the towers just locate on their guide
pins and everything is ok.  I am questioning this.  Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

John Over
68 2000