The no brake light mystery deepens?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The no brake light mystery deepens?
From: Dan Neuman <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:06:03 -0700
HELP!
  Okay so I pull the top left 20amp fuse and the turn signals are working?
I put the fuse back and the turn signals are still working but a bit
faster-brighter?
Still no brake lights? or S-brake light? I tested the brake light switch and
it tests out fine.  I have it jumped now to always on and still no brake lights?
I do not know what I did.  I was under the dash to reattach the lighting lead
for my autometer gauges-they work.  I also tightened down the steering
wheel?  How would this of shut off power to the brakes?
Thanks to Tom Hendrickson I have a pretty cool color coded wiring diagram.
But I get lost at the switches, I don't understand how to read the diagram
at the switches.....
        What do I check next?
                Thanks,
                Daniel Neuman