Single Wire Success, and a minor problem or two....

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Single Wire Success, and a minor problem or two....
From: "Aaron Spesard" <banzai311@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 04:12:26 +0000
Just finished switching over my 66 to a single wire alternator and I now
have a car that charges. No more carrying an extra battery!
However, a couple of problem I thought I might have solved this weekend, got
stranger instead fixed.
I put in a new under dash voltage regulator from Sports Imports that I hoped
would fix the 3/4 full gas gauge, but instead it now goes up a little
slowly, then zooms up fast, then falls back to completely empty. I'm
presuming this is a bad sender in the tank?
And my rear brake light: the running light worked, the brakelight did not,
but when the brake was depressed the running light would stay on. Replaced
the light socket with a new one and now the light goes out when depressed,
which I assume means that brake light isn't getting power to the line.
Excellent.
Pretty sure I can hunt that one down, now that I think about it..., however,
any help w/the fuel gauge would be appreciated.
Oh, also, does anyone know of a spring that will work with the emergency
brake lever? I'm missing that little thing and I'm racking my brains trying
to figure out where to come up with one....

thanks,
aaron