Stroker Carb advice for Ian: SUs will work fine,as long

To: ianmiller07@hotmail.com
Subject: Stroker Carb advice for Ian: SUs will work fine,as long
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:25:46 +0000
I have 240Z carbs on my big valve cammed up hi compression stroker.  They
are same
size as 2L, but with float bowls on the other side.  They idle good, and
have great
power.  The mixture is about right, after idleing a long time I get a touch
of black smoke
on sudden throttle, spark plugs and exhaust pipe are dark gray.  Car is fast
and has beat the
crap out of stock Miatias in several informal contests of speed.  I modified
the stock 1600 air cleaner
to work as well.  Car pulls well on up past 6500, although I suspect webers
or mikunis would be better /faster at high RPM.  The carbs pass the SU tune
test where you lift up the pistons at idle and the car goes rich and slows
down.  I tell you this with the dissapointing fact at the end, which is to
say I have no idea what needles are in the carbs, but with the positive fact
that 2L SUs will work fine on
a stroker when tuned up right (whatever that may be).

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Virginia
67 pushrod 2L 5spd "SAKE RKT"