Re: (OT) Factory five type 65 Coupe

To: "Raper, Sidney" <Sidney.Raper@getronics.com>,
Subject: Re: (OT) Factory five type 65 Coupe
From: Gary Boone <gaboone70@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:41:15 -0600 (MDT)
There were 4 Cobras at the autocross in Denver on July 19.  They were beautiful
cars.  They were registered as a '65 COBRA ROADSTER, '02 REPLICA COBRA, '02
SUPERFORMA COBRA, and a '03 FFR COBRA.
I expected them to turn relatively fast times but they were all struggling to
keep these cars on the course.  One of them never completed the course all day.
 On their last run, one driver seemed to get it together and then spun at the
finish (it was a straight line approaching the finish) and hit the timer head,
destroying it.  Also all 4 of them exceeded the 93 dBA sound limit and will not
be allowed to run again unless they get the noise down. Maybe they were really
bad drivers but with my 2000 Datsun roadster, I beat the fastest Cobra by 7
seconds and the slowest by 15 seconds on a 55 second course.  We were all in
the Street Prepared category so allowed mods were equal.
Gary
"I'll keep my Datsun, thank you"
http://www.rmsolo.org/