wheel spacers

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: wheel spacers
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:14:33 -0500
Andy runs 1" spacers and 13" wheels on his two liter roadster "Tetanus".  He
runs EP in SCCA events and is not gentle with the car.  We don't have an
accelerometer to measure G forces, but the race rubber puts quite a strain
on the suspension, and he hasn't lost a hub or bearing yet.  Of course, he
only drives about two miles a week, and most of that is less than 90 mph.

We don't have the money for a HANS device in case of crashes, so I duct tape
his helmet to the roll bar before each run.  I got a good deal on a helium
tank for filling party balloons, and we installed it as the fire suppression
system.  There is also a separate line from the tank to a large balloon in
the trunk in case we want to lighten the car for competition.  We then
deflate the balloon for tech inspection.  Works like a charm as long as we
don't have to talk to anyone while deflating the balloon.

By the way, Andy's new daughter, Bridget Marie, is doing well.  She was
early and weighed 2 pounds 2 ounces, but she has come up several ounces in
the last three weeks.  Racing has been on the back burner lately for us, but
we will be at the SCCA autocross at Pennington Field (Ft Worth/Dallas) this
weekend.  Come by and say hello if you have the chance.

Leisure Suit Terry