69 Tail Light Question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 69 Tail Light Question
From: "Blake Dietze" <wb6jhj@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:40:08 -0700
Hi Folks;

Here's a question for the long time 69 2000 owners, or at least those who have
followed one and been more observant than me!  A good friend of mine remarked
that both the amber and red rear tail lights illuminate when I brake or use my
turn signal.  I have looked at the wiring diagram for the late 69 model (mine
is -12049) and it indicates that this is correct as "WR" (left) and "WB"
(right) signal lines are in parallel.  Looking at wiring diagrams for the
earlier vintages indicates that the two circuits are separate.  Is this
correct, or am I missing something.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Blake Dietze
Vancouver, WA
69 SRL-311-12049