Datsun Owners

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsun Owners
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:43:15 -0400
My MG Club had its annual car show for all types of cars at the Vanderbuilt
museum this past weekend. I met several people who own or owned Roadsters. 2
of the people I met still have them.

One guy needs some major help with his U20 motor as he said it sounds like a
blender since his camshaft snapped in 2 a while back. Since I don't own or
work on U20s, but I do know what problems to look for, I may need some of
the collective wisdom of you guys.

The biggest problem will be trying to find someone to work on his motor as I
know no one who can work on the motor in the NYC area. After reading some of
the stories about setting up the chains and related parts I will not work on
it.

My car did not win any prizes as it's too modified with an electric fan,
electric fuel pump, MG seats and other customized parts on it.

Except for the 50s Bentley Continental that showed up and the 67 4 seat
convertible Alfa that I never saw before (no, it's not a Duetto), I bet I
had the rarest car there.

Mike