Goodbye Sadie #701

To: Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Goodbye Sadie #701
From: Dennis Currington <dc@datsuns.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:23:54 -0700
David Pina asked me to forward this message to the List:

It is with such sweet sorrow that I sold SRL31100701 recently. I owned her a
little over 28 years.
She took me up to speeds faster than my '88 5.0 could attain. She beat
Mustangs, Camaros, GT6s, Yenko Stingers,
Vettes from 65s to 2002s , 240,260,280 even 300Zs, Alfas, Lotus, Loti?, BMWs
and even Ferraris.  We drifted up
through turns, down though Carousels and Corkscrews.  We hit 8000rpm in 5th on
straight aways. We ran the
'Springs, Holtville, Sears Point and Laguna. We embarrassed the Beverly (Hills)
Porshe AP car at Holtville when he
couldn't pass us. A guy at Willow Springs swore I had a 289 in her, then went
and kicked his Camaro after
he saw your sweet little U20. On one fun afternoon we found an open garage
before the Sheriffs helicopter could
spot us. HEE HEE!!! When I completely lost her in oil in turn 3 at old Laguna
Seca when she was turning
7600 rpm in fifth gear, she idled softy while I regained my composure. My
pregnant wife was watching
and went into labor 2 weeks early. Erin was born the next day. One time we came
around turn 4
at Sears Point on two wheels. I didn't realize it until the right side touched
down after I hit 6,000
rpm in third. The next lap, the crowd on that corner gave us a standing
ovation!! Sadie took me to a
Regional Championship that year of 1978. At the end of the next year I parked
her in the garage for
a "short spell". She sat quietly for 19 years in the garage waiting for the day
to help me rebuild a damaged
relationship with my son Daniel who wasn't born yet when I parked her. She was
instrumental in the closeness
we have today. We punted pylons in the begining; 75-78 and at the end 2000-2002
with my son.

It was time for me to send her to a better home. Her mission with me is done,
and she
deserves some one to care for her now. Good bye Sadie, Thank you for the
memories.

David Pina