Re: New Roadster owner

To: SPYDER62@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Roadster owner
From: Adam Bradley <adambradley@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:26:39 -0700
May be the water pump.  The fan can throw water all around.  Water pump is
readily available for around $150, or try Beck/Arnley part # 131-0465
(listed as correct but haven't tried it, under $60 at
www.partsamerica.com).  I've had head gasket leaks but never leaked lots of
water; either pumped the coolant full of exhaust (overflow tank spits out
air) or made frothy root beer out of my oil.

At 10:11 PM 8/24/2003 -0400, SPYDER62@aol.com wrote:
>Hi All
>   Been lurking on here for some time as I looked for a Roadster. Well, today
>was the day went and looked at a 68/1600 and will go back and tow it home
>next
>Saturday. After seeing at what 2000 engine parts go for I started to look for
>a 1600.
>Photo can be seen at
>http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yenko_stinger65/lst?.dir=/Datsun+roadster&;
>.view=t
>  Now for the questions
>  1. The engine has a water leak at the front below the filled neck and on
>start up it was spitting water out as if the head has a crack or a head
>gasket is
>gone.  The spitting seamed to stop as rev;s went up but is going for it big
>time at idle. Any other ideas? I'm a air-cooled guy 7 Corvairs, Last Datsun I
>had was 25+ years ago.
>  2. can an early flat dash be installed in a later car without too much
>hacking?
>  that's all for now but more will come after I get it home.
>thanks
>rich (in Salem OR)

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181