Ignition miss continued

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition miss continued
From: Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:07:44 -0700
Greetings list!  I continue to have an ignition miss problem, and
thought I would post a question that I also sent to Gary Boone (who has
been more than gracious enough to help me try and figure this out...
thanks Gary!) to see if anyone else has some input.  Here it is!

Do you think I am right in my thought that it must be
electrical/ignition and not carburation, due to the fact that the timing
"twitches"?  (a timing light attached to any of the leads shows a
twitching timing flash at any rpm that varies around 3-5 degrees and is
in concert with the miss).  I don't see how an air/fuel mix problem
would result in the timing changing, as it is not like the engine is
dropping major rpms... it just has that kind of "baa ba baaa ba ba bbaa"
sound.  I would think the timing should be rock steady regardless.

Thanks to the list for any input!
Greg