68 dash removal and cutting exhaust

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 68 dash removal and cutting exhaust
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:42:56 -0700
Hi folks,

Having fun dismantling the '68 basket case. Ran into a snag - one of
the screws on the top of the dash is stripped. I can get to the back
having removed the glove box. Best way to remove it? (and who thought
it was a good idea to put Phillips head screws right up there next to
the windshield - very hard to get to!) Any fasteners holding the dash
on other than the obvious perimeter ones?

Also the bolts holding the base of the exhaust manifold to the exhaust
pipe are solid rust. Looks like I'll have to cut the exhaust pipe. What
to use? Reciprocating saw?

Anybody want a Snug Top hardtop and a set of 240z seats in the Seattle
area? Not sure what they're worth.

Leigh Brooks