anodized aluminum

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: anodized aluminum
From: JOver4X4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:42:31 EDT
List,

I attended the Grand Prix of Denver today and saw a wrinkle finish coating on
the intake plenum and fuel injection runners of high end cars on display. ie:
Maserati, Ferrari etc.  I think they were anodized in various colors with a
wrinkle finish.  The finish looked like wrinkle finish paint but I don't
believe the high end manufacturers would paint their aluminum parts.  Has
anyone
heard of a wrinkle finish anodized coating process?  I did a quick web search
but
didn't find anything.

This might look neat on a U20 valve cover!!?

John Over
68 2L