Fuel guage

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel guage
From: Scott Haynes <sh92@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:35:15 -0400
My fuel guage reads full all the time. I checked the ground, reads good. I seem
to remember previous postings on this.  Can anyone help?

BTW, I finally remedied all my previous engine ailments (see 3-4k stutter) by
removing the float assembly that came with my brand new carburetor setup
(fresh with roller bearing butterflys) and installing the original/smaller
sized floats. Seems the new replacement floats were hitting against the side of
the bowl when the level was low. If I adjusted the metal tab to allow the fuel
to flow it would overflow out the drain tubes when full. It was a very
frustrating ordeal that produced some peculiar side effects, but now, since
installing the old floats, she runs like a top. If nothing else, I learned a
great deal about SU carbs in the process.
(There was a visible difference in size between the two. No, not due to
swelling)
-Scott Haynes
WPB,FL