The scope of the BBQ has changed

To: Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: The scope of the BBQ has changed
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:24:42 -0800
Due to the circumstances of the fires and finally hearing what I did
about Barrie's incredibly unfortunate situation I would like my get
together to become an effort to help raise some money for Barrie and any
others we may find in the San Diego and LA areas that have suffered
losses due to the fires. This is by far the worst there has ever been
here and I have seen nothing like this in my 15 years here and now they
have just announced that the city of Julian is about to be overrun by a
15 mile long wall of flames. I spent a few hours in Escondido yesterday
fixing a chassis at a friends house and the ash fell like snow and the
sky changed hourly and we were 20 miles form the flames we could see on
the mountain tops to the east. I have fires on 3 sides all at least 20
miles in each direction and it is still worrisome. I hope to find a car
that I can donate to Barrie if he is inclined to want to do another if
not he will certainly be missed at our events Please let me know if you
plan to be at the shop on Nov 8 th so that I can plan the day.
Les
--
Les Cannaday

Classic Datsun Motorsports