RE: Datsun Raodster H4 Light System "NEW"

To: "'Bill Schairer'" <wschaibe@ucsd.edu>,
Subject: RE: Datsun Raodster H4 Light System "NEW"
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:23:37 +1030
Hi Bill,
the beauty of those housings is that you have a totally free choice of
H4 globes whereas with a sealed beam unit you get what is fitted to
the housing.
If you like, we have come full circle to what we used 30+ years ago, a
lamp housing with replaceable "bulb".
I recently had to replace a Hella 5 1/4" housing on my 510 and it was
$80 AUD FOR ONE!
I also fitted the Hella +50% output H4 globes, these are brilliant
(pun intended) since they give the higher output for no increase in
current draw.
The only thing better would be an HID conversion, not in my price
range!
If the housings are current technology they will be a vast improvement
over they old school stuff.
I read recently that if you are over 40yo, you need all the help you
can get re night vision.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - at home, waiting patiently!
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.