Re: OT - Victory By Design

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT - Victory By Design
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:50:41 -0600
>Leigh Brooks

> Have you folks been watching Victory By Design on Speed? Amazing
> series. The Alfa episode is on this Sunday.
>
> I've ordered the Alfa dvd as I'm developing a taste for GTV's!

Just a personal tidbit, those segments were all shot, and some edited, by an
acquaintance of mine from the IMUG (International Media Users Group) mail
list, Chris Davies. Based in London, Chris posted to the IMUG list several
years that he was flying to Monterey to shoot the Historics (I know, tough
job...) so I dropped him a post directly. Since then we've stayed in pretty
close touch.

When the updated Victory by Design series was announced I asked Chris if
he'd done the new segments. He replied that while he did shoot them the
producer didn't want to make the 15 mile, hour and a half (!!!) drive,
across London to his place to edit. And many of us think we have traffic
problems!!

Hopefully I'll finally get to meet Chris at NAB in Vegas in April.

Small world,
Ron