Ball Joint Rubber Boots??

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ball Joint Rubber Boots??
From: JRice@koaspeer.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 07:42:45 -0500
Can any advise where I can purchase Rubber Boots for my wheel ball joints
( Upper
and Lower) and for the tie rods?

My project:   1969 SPL 311 1600

      -  The car is completely stripped down. ( Everything Off.)

      -  The engine compartment and trunk are sand blasted and primed.

      -  I am try to clean up the front end and paint all of the cross bars
and
          A frame on the suspension.

      Really the issue is that there is so much grease on everything that I
want to
      take them apart and clean everything up.

      Over time the rubber on the ball joints has just disintegrated and
all that is
      left is grease.

I did bid on a set of lower and upper Ball Joints on E-Bay but they went
for high dollars that
I was not willing to pay. Really, since mine are in good shape all I just
need is to replace the
rubbers ( If I can fins them) and clean everything  them up.

Thanks for your help!!!!

      Jeff Rice

SPL 311 1600    1969
        1600      1966