Re: The Key Question Is

To: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: The Key Question Is
From: <limprod@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:13:58 -0800
The consensus says a fuel line shut off is probably the best.   It could be
located anywhere between the tank and engine, and would take several minutes
to first determine there is one, then to locate and bypass it(or flip it on)
using several tools, fuel line and/or gas can .

To bypass ANY starter or ignition kill on our cars, if I had several lengths
of hook up wire with alligator clipped ends, it would take no longer than it
would to decipher my grammar.  =)

The Club?  can't cut through it..  cut the steering wheel with bolt cutters.
Interior hood locks with exposed casing... bolt cutters.  5 seconds(?)    (I
know this is sickening to read).

I like the magnetic reed switch controlled fuel cut off solenoid idea...  if
you had extra resource$ and wanted the added conveniences and additional
security, add a proximity key and decoder for about $150.

Using a $20 surplus GPS receiver, an interface/controller I made out of $15
worth of parts  and stuff I had laying around, and a el-cheapo a-bay $20 Ham
radio transceiver (or spare cell phone)...  I'll take on the tow truck and
fork lift theft within a 5+ mile radius.  Of course, if the method of
transmitting data is known, it can be easily thwarted as well as any other
coordinate transmitting alarm.

I did make such a device but it's not in my car at the moment... the dog is
helping me play with it ATM.

I'll throw in the idea of relocating the battery to the rear glove
department (trunk) not to provide a readily available power source for the
would be thief and to provide a securable location for a strong box
enclosure of the alarm and electronics.

So we have a basic alarm with the siren cut off, starter and ignition kill
bypassed, a 1 billion code fuel shut off to bypass, and whatever goodies is
in the strong box left in store hidden in the trunk...

Would I say we're safe?   Heck no.   = (