Re: e-bay 2000

To: "J Sylvester" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: e-bay 2000
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:28:28 -0500
If you look at the car carefully you will see that the car has been
maintained quite well and is not just a quick cosmetic clean-up of the car.
Some things just don't lend themselves to be cleaned up easily after years
of abuse.

The brake and clutch masters appear to be relatively new, the hydraulic
fluids are relatively clean, the carbs are clean and not covered with crust
as is many times seen, the manifolds are clean, a relatively new throttle
cable, nice fuel and vacuum lines, nicely done seats etc etc etc

I've been around these cars a long time and this is one of the nicer that I
have seen for sale. It's obvious someone gave this car a good home in the
past.

Just because a used car lot is selling the car doesn't mean that it's bad. I
think it's a consignment or perhaps the PO traded it on a new car and the
dealership put it up for auction because that's not what they sell or even
know how to sell it. I know people who work for new car dealerships and when
they get in an odd ball on a trade they send it to be auctioned.

History from a PO? He/she can lie too. I was lied straight to my face by a
PO about a car and I had to sue him after I bought it. At least with a used
car dealer you can sue them and attach their assets fairly readily after you
win a civil case. Marshals are very effective at making sure you get paid
and have great abilities to track down and seize assets. I have personal
experience with this as a successful plaintiff.

Most Roadsters had many POs and you can never find out how well they all
maintained the car. Fortunately I bought mine from the original owner
although it was quite a mess.

Nothing is guaranteed in life - well almost nothing - death and taxes are
guaranteed :)

Mike

PS - I don't know the seller or have a pecuniary interest in the sale and
I'm not a bidder.