alternate fuel shut-off security system, Roadster sighting at

To: "\"The List\"" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: alternate fuel shut-off security system, Roadster sighting at
From: "Fergus O'Farrell" <fergus_o@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:04:50 -0800
Here's another idea for a fuel cut-off security system.
In the fuel line from the tank, install a motorcycle fuel petcock, maybe
mounted on the vertical wall of the package shelf, reachable from the driver
seat.  It wouldn't prevent the start-and-drive-on-tow-truck kind of theft, as
the car would probably run on fuel bowl gas for probably....how long? 2
minutes?
Have to find one with same tube inner diameter as fuel line to prevent driving
fuel constriction, but just another idea.  Pulling the rotor or coil wire
works, but those parts were not made to be installed/removed numerous times,
so they'll start to wear on their locating/contacting surfaces  I REALLY like
the idea of using a normal dash switch or the cig-lighter.
Sighting: saw a nice lookin' low windshield red roadster parked at Orange
County airport on Monday, wire multi-spoke rims.  Anyone here?  Hope THEY had
a security device, as I know one of our listers got their roadster nicked from
a local airport.
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB,CAGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com