Miata seats, or refurbish the '70 set

To: "\"The List\"" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miata seats, or refurbish the '70 set
From: "Fergus O'Farrell" <fergus_o@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:50:13 -0800
Hey Rick, on the subject of seats.
Miata seats have been found to fit well in the roadster, but require drilling
some into the floor, which is really not a big deal as there is already an
extra set of holes there anyway.  Note: always use much larger fender washers
than the stock set-up, for safety.  Consider metal plates or bars instead of
washers.  The '70 seats will fit just fine, just a bolt in.
Miata seats will raise you in the car a bit, which is a concern for some.  If
it was a lot you'd hear about it, but no one seems to gripe.  I put in Honda
Crx seats, then added WetOkole seat covers, which have 1/2" of padding built
in, and now resemble a performing bear you would see at the circus.  While
colorful, I would not recommend this route.
Who can refurbish your seats?  You'll be glad to find that person sitting on
your own sofa.  It is very easy once a good set of seat covers is purchased
from one of our friendly roadster vendors.  Pretty basic altogether.  Strip,
rustproof, new rubber straps, new foam if you want/need, re-assemble.  When
you re-assemble, heat up the new cover by placing in the sun (big yellow
thing, sorry NorthEast folks) to soften up, make it a lot easier.  I am making
a picture album of progress on my latest set, but progress is slow.   Fergus
O, 69 2000 (one Honda seat, one roadster seat) HB, CAGet more from the Web.
FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com