Re: jackshaft grinding question

To: dth104@psu.edu ("DANIEL TIMOT HEINZE"), datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: jackshaft grinding question
From: JOver4X4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:43:17 -0500
Dan,

For a lack of bearings in the correct size (I'm not sure if oversize bearings
are available either) you could have the jackshaft journals welded up and
reground to the factory dimension.  To have this done shouldn't be too
expensive.  Most crankshaft machine shops can do this, or, any automotive
machine shop could send it out if they don't have the capability to repair it.
Another option would be to find a good used jackshaft.  If you want to go this
route and you cannot find one locally I have one in my gargage.  I would have
to measure the journals for you to see if it is within tolerance.

Let me know,

John Over
68 2000
67 1600