Re: thread size

To: Matt Jacquet <matt@vander-bend.com>
Subject: Re: thread size
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:50:38 -1000
Matt:

I 'think' I know where you're coming from.  After exhausting everything else I
could
think of, I ended up by drilling out those studs to remove the tower, prior to
reconditioning the head.

Unable to find replacement studs in Kona (or from the vendors I tried) I ended
up by
using hex head bolts to reattach the tower.  The machine shop I used to
recondition the
head, chased the threads for me.

The bolts I used to replace the studs were M10, 1.50 thread pitch.

Hope that helps.

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona