Roadster for Sale

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster for Sale
From: "Thomas Dupree" <res0fnon@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:28:18 -0600
Hi All,

I've been a lurker on this list for years. I know some of you and have done
business with some and think you're a great bunch. Well I have a 1968 2000 I
have owned since 1979 (really) but the time has come to let someone else
enjoy it. Since 1998, when I pulled the engine/.trans to repair a
miss-installed speedometer drive, it has not been driven. It seems that when
ever I get a change to try to get it on the road something else has gone
wrong. It now has rebuilt carbs, new clutch and EVERYTHING connected to it -
master and slave, hose, throw out bearing, new battery, and probably several
other things I don't remember. It will run but can't be driven because the
latest is that it's making some kind of inter engine noise. Sounds like a
scraping sound coming from behind the water pump. I thought it was the pump
but no such luck. It has plenty of oil pressure and starts and runs easy (at
least for the 30 seconds I dared to run it).

I have lots of pictures, NOS parts including a lot of interior stuff like
new carpet and door handles. I even have a custom cover and several old
manuals for it and it all goes. It's not perfect but it is number matching,
solid body with no more rust than it had in 1979 and always garaged. But is
needs a new owner. I just don't have the time or strength to take care of it
any more. I love the thing and can talk about it for hours so if anyone is
interested, please call me and I'll tell you anything you want to know. I
wanted to give you guys a shot before it goes on EBay. I'm asking $2,500 for
it. Thanks for the time.

Thomas Dupree
Plano Texas
972-578-0466