Weekend in Tokyo

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Weekend in Tokyo
From: Phill Brook <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:28:57 +1000
Popped over to Tokyo for the weekend to buy car parts (for
the S15 Silvia, not the roadster). While I was there I decided to
go to Nissan's showrooms in Ginza and was blown away by
what I saw.

In the showroom on the main road was an original Prince
R380 racecar and it was in absolutely original condition.

To top it off, when I went around the corner to the Nissan
Gallery they had an original 1959 S211 roadster. WOW!!! Very
similar to the SPL212/213 roadster but with a fibreglass body
and 1000cc engine. It was also in unrestored original
condition. I took quite a few pics and will put some up on my
website later this week.

They also had an original 1965 Silvia beside it (in White) but
I've seen plenty of those.

Both cars are on display until next weekend.

Regards,
Phill Brook