OT: visor advice

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Robert.Long@acs-inc.com
Subject: OT: visor advice
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:07:38 -0800
Hey Robert, re: slippery visor on 280ZX.
The screw you mentioned, when tightened, pulls together two lobes of some
soft material (probably plastic) which close around the visor shaft.  Over
time, the movement of the visor has worn the plastic to such a size that
tightening no longer has this effect.  You need to loosen the nut (all the
way if you can) and build back up the shaft to its original 'oversized'
state, and I would suggest trying wrinkled tin foil to start.  The wrinkles,
when pressed out, will leave more friction.  Let me know if I have the part
set-up off, as I am not so ZX fluent.  Fergus O, 69 2000, HB,CA