Electricals

To: "Datsun roadster list " <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electricals
From: "J Sylvester" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:34:14 -0600
I bought a roadster about a month ago and am taking care of a few things so
it will pass the Texas safety inspection and I can get it licensed (and
start driving it!)

I've got an electrical problem with the right front blinker.  I'm a total
novice with diagnosing electrical problems, so I'm wondering if there's
someone out there who would do some "virtual repair work" with me this
afternoon around 2:30 CST.

What I'm thinking is this:  Let me know what diagnosis tools I need and I
can pick them up at a parts store.  Then, while we look together on the
wiring diagram, we can talk via phone while you teach me the ins-and-outs of
checking for shorts, proper continuity, voltage readings, etc. (So much the
better if you can be looking at your roadster while I'm checking connections
in mine)

I figure in this age of virtual meetings, the strategy of "distance
learning" can be employed for working on a car just as easily as it's used
in business.

Anyone game?

Jim Sylvester
'68 2000