Re: exhaust goody - maybe

To: datsun_sports@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust goody - maybe
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:56:44 EST
Just think, the auto makers will spend millions to increase their CAFE
numbers by a couple percent. Now with a simple muffler change they can boost
them by
15% to 20%! That should meet the EPA requirements for the next 10 to 20
years. Somehow I think the claims might be just a little optimistic.

Several years ago I read an article where one of the magazines purchased all
the different wonder mileage increasers they could find and installed them on
one car. Rather than having to drain gas form the tank every day due to the
3000% increae in mileage there was not a significant differance. They quizzed
the makers of the various devices and received fairly amazing song and dance
routines.

Oh well, such things make life interesting.

keith