Re: How Much POR-15?

To: "Acme Home Sales" <tom@acmehomesales.com>
Subject: Re: How Much POR-15?
From: Mikep <mikep@bikeswap.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:50:57 -0700
On Feb 18, 2004, at 11:00 AM, Acme Home Sales wrote:

> I am preparing to apply POR-15 to the body panels under the front
> fenders.  I have seen reports showing how the POR-15 looks after
> application with a small roller, but does anyone have a reasonable
> idea of how much POR-15 is required whether sprayed or rolled (my
> choice)?  I have a number of small pint cans and want to open enough
> to do the job on one side, but not so much that I waste any more than
> I need to
> Tom
> 69 2000 "Mr. Hyde"

Tom,

POR-15 claims 96 sq. ft per quart which seemed pretty accurate when I
used it on my roadster.  One pint should be more than enough for the
inner fenders. POR-15 has plenty of good info on their website at
www.por15.com and they have always been very helpful on their 800 line
too.  Brushing works fine - the paint flows out really well without
much effort - stir , do not shake to avoid introducing air into the
paint - use a piece of plastic between the lid and can when resealing
or you will not get the lid off ever again.

mike
67.5 1600
completely sealed against nuclear attack with POR-15