Re: R16 Radiators & Fenders

To: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: R16 Radiators & Fenders
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:04:48 -0800
1.  The radiator with the short straight outlet at the bottom is from a
"Later" car than the one with the longer angled up outlet.  Outlet at the
bottom is sort of an oxymoron with roadsters since all the outlets are at
the bottom.  Some rads are wider than others.  Usually the narrower ones
were meant for cars with RCB steering boxes.  The side braces also vary in
width with more or less holes for mounting fan shrouds.

2.  At least some of the cars had sealant between the fender and the cowl
outboard of the air intake grill.  There was also sealant on the fender
seams in the headlight area where the headlight trim covers when fenders
were installed at the factory.  Replacement fenders came without the sealant.

Stan
========